Friday, October 19, 2012

The Girl in the Red Tweed Jacket

You could have waited.

I knew you would take the No. 19, but it was not on purpose that I avoided it. Its too far to walk, and it was raining. I don't like to walk in this cold rain. I had told you so.
I did it before because I enjoyed your company. When you walked down the pavement to say good bye, I would hold you in my arms.
You left me at the door the last evening, saying your shoes would get wet. It was a long walk home in those wet shoes of mine!

I don't remember your name, nor do I recollect your face. You always wore the red tweed jacket, and I always had that same hat on mine! I don't know what you do; we always had so many other things to talk! The best of the people and the worst of the weathers!
 
I know I will see you again some day, But I won't be waiting for you this time. You know I won't take the 19 again, So hop on the bus that goes along the coast of river Clyde! 

3 comments:

  1. It is a little difficult to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying my hand at fiction... Inspired by another blogger who writes much better than me!
    There is a woman wearing a red tweed jacket and very often i see her at the bus stop. She takes the bus no. 19 and I take the 38. And this city has a river running central across it, called the river Clyde. (This is the inspiration, and also where the real part ends!)
    Trying to make a story of conversations; and of selfish interests. When you befriend a complete stranger without telling him/her any personal details about yourself, and yet discuss the most intimate topics with them. And when it suits one's needs you give a lame excuse and walk your own way.... You take the other persons sacrifices for granted, and only might realize it when those endearments are withdrawn!

    ReplyDelete