Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two sides of a coin

I was out in the jungle, appreciating the beauty of the trees and the wild life....
I saw a beautiful young Gazelle standing proud, with his long and curved horns. While i was marvelling at the beauty and elegance of the beast, the proud gait and the way he swayed his head, with horns adorning it... Such a magnificent picture! I thought how lucky the animal must have been to be given such a crowd stopping appearance!
Just then the Zoo Warden came by... Seeing me looking at the Gazelle he came closer and told me a bit more about the beast I was admiring since... A fully grown Gazelle weighs about 25 kgs., and the horns are actually a burden on the slender neck and small head of the animal!
All through the journey to my home, I couldn't help but ponder over what the warden had told me! What to an outsiders eye appears to be elegant and marvellous, could infact be such a burden for the one who possesses the traits! While I was wondering how lucky the animal must be to be given such beauty... The beast was probably praying and repenting on the sins he would have committed to be given such a heavy burden!
Since then, Everytime I see a beautiful house, I wonder if it would a happy home as well; Would a pretty lady be elegant and noble in virtues as well? Would it be easier to find happiness in a simpletons heart; than in a rich man's wallets?
There are Two sides to every coin... It just depends what you choose for yourself. The show looses the value... and what is valuable rarely comes in a showy package!

No comments:

Post a Comment